Hey, thanks, for stopping by. Please feel free to give this article a like or share on Twitter, or sign up for a premium package on Awesemo.com. If you just want to try it out, use promo code “NEWSANDNOTES” for a free week.
You can follow me on Twitter for more up to date info as news breaks throughout the afternoon.
Lot’s of important info for this nine-game slate, so let’s get into it.
The Big News
- James Van Riemsdyk returns to action for the Flyers and is skating on an intriguing PHI3 with Wayne Simmonds and Jordan Weal. He is also on the PP1.
- BJs beat writer Aaron Portzline is reporting that Panarin and Bobrovsky are out for the Jackets tonight. UPDATE: Bjorkstrand on CBJ1 in place of Panarin.
- New lines for the Sharks. Tomas Hertl is out tonight. Evander Kane is back on the third line and is off the PP1. Couture centers a stacked SJS1 with Pavelski and Meier. Karlsson got the bulk of PP time last game.
- No Crosby tonight for the Penguins. Simon takes over on Malkin and Hornqvist’s line. Pearson debuts with Cullen and Rust.
- Mats Zuccarello returns from a one-game absence to his spot on NYR1 with Zibanejad and Chytil. Namestnikov moves to the second line.
- PK Subban is out tonight for the Preds.
- UPDATE: Pearson with Malkin and Hornqvist in line rushes.
- Upgrade Ekholm, who is on the PP1.
- Keep an eye on pre-game CBJ rushes. No non-Panarin lines yet. I’ll update on Twitter if I hear anything.
- The Erik Karlsson breakout is coming. He’s a bargain on both sites.
The Little News
- Sam Bennett is skating with CGY2 in place of Michael Frolik.
- Andrew Ladd is out for the Islanders. The struggling Anthony Beauvillier takes his place alongside Nelson and Eberle on the Islanders second line.
- New middle-six for the Sens. Boedker-Duchen-Batherson, Dzingel-Tierney-Ryan. New PP1: White-Stone-Duchene-Ryan-Chabot. 75% sure this is the combo. Working on confirming.
- Arvidsson is out 6-8 weeks for the Predators. Fiala is up on NSH1, Jarnkrok on NSH2. Sissons moves down to NSH3. Bonino is on the PP1.
- ARZ1 was shuffled around last game. Go with the Stepan-Keller line if you’re using Coyotes.
- Canucks shuffled hard last game. No line saw above a 10% 5v5 share.
- Hischier is out again for the Devils. Zajac between Palmieri and Hall.
- Chychrun is out with an upper-body injury.
- Markstrom was dinged up for the Canucks. He’ll back-up Richard Bachman tonight
- You might not want to overthink your goaltender tonight. The Canucks are implied for a half-goal less than anyone else on the slate and the Wild are a slate high -245 favorites. The Canucks 2.1 total is possibly the lowest we have seen all year.
- OTT is shuffling. I’d be hesitant to stack these combos. Mini-stacks and PP stacks are a little less risky.
Highest implied totals
Minnesota Wild: 3.4, -245
Philadelphia Flyers: 3.4, -151
Flames, Islanders, Sharks: 3.3
Lowest implied totals
Vancouver Canucks: 2.1
Coyotes, Devils, Panthers: 2.7
Highest recent 5v5 ice-time
Lowest recent 5v5 ice-time
DET1: 14% DET2 12%
Provorov with PHI1 (unless you’re stacking the PP.) 17+ minutes together last game.
Ekholm with NSH1.
Reilly with TOR1.
Poink with NYR1.
Awesemo’s Player and Stack NHL DFS Rankings
NHL DFS Projections | Today’s Slate
NHL DFS Ownership Projections for DraftKings and FanDuel (FREE TODAY)
NHL DFS Top Stacks Tool for DraftKings and FanDuel
📽️ The NHL DFS Strategy Show: Picks for DraftKings + FanDuel Today 1/18/22
NHL DFS Picks & Stacks for DraftKings & FanDuel Lineups | Tampa Bay Lightning & Charlie McAvoy 1/18/22
DraftKings Fantasy Hockey Cheat Sheet: NHL DFS Picks Today | Alex Ovechkin 1/18/22
FanDuel Fantasy Hockey Cheat Sheet: NHL DFS Picks Today | Tage Thompson 1/18/22