Sports betting is finally here in Arizona. After a several year process, betting was finally legalized back in April 2021 but it was always expected that the launch date would coincide with the start of the NFL season. In fact, as of August 28, 2021, account registrations can begin with a full launch of sportsbooks in Arizona on September 9, 2021.
Current Arizona Sports Betting Offers
Is Arizona Sports Betting Legal?
Yes, betting was legalized back in April 2021 but won’t be implemented and available to consumers in Arizona until September 9, 2021. However, as of August 28, 2021, customers can preregister and be ready to go once betting is live. Over the course of a couple of months since April 21, 2021, the Arizona Department of Gaming received 26 applications for the 20 sports betting licenses, including 10 sports organizations and 16 tribes. The law calls for ten of the licenses to go to state tribal operators and the other ten to go to professional sports teams and venues.
What are the Most Common Types of Bets I Can Make in Arizona?
This is the most common bet type and it is just a straight up single bet on a game. A point spread is determined by the oddsmakers with one team being favored by a certain amount of points. Let’s take a look at an example line below to give a clear indication of what a straight bet would be:
Boston Celtics -6.5 (-110), moneyline -320
at Cleveland Cavaliers +6.5 (-110), moneyline +260
The Celtics are favored by 6.5 points in this example. This means that if you bet the Cavaliers, you are getting 6.5 points, so if the Cavaliers win the game, or lose by fewer than seven points, you will win the bet because of your 6.5-point cushion. On the other side, when you are laying 6.5 points as the favorite, you would need the Celtics to win by seven or more to win the bet.
Final Score: Celtics 102 Cavaliers 98. Cavaliers would cover even though the Celtics won the game because the +6.5 point spread is enough to cover a four-point defeat.
The moneyline is a bet where there is no spread; you are just picking the winner of the game. In the example above, the Cavaliers ML is +260, which means that for every $100 wagered, you win $260 if the Cavaliers win the game outright. They receive the plus side of the moneyline since they are the underdog and picking them rewards you with nice odds since they are projected to likely lose the game. On the flip side, if you bet the Celtics ML at -320, you have to bet $320 to win $100. They are the favorites so if you decide to bet the moneyline instead of the point spread, you are forced to bet additional money to win $100.
In the example above, the Celtics ML would be the winner as they won the game outright. The spread is irrelevant for a moneyline wager.
This is a straight bet wagering on how many total combined points will be scored in a game by both teams. For example, an NBA game may have an over/under of 210 points, which means that the oddsmakers are projecting a combined points total of 210 between the two teams. If you think the teams are going to score more than 210 points total, you bet the over, and conversely, if you think it’s going to be a defensive struggle, you can bet the under hoping that the total points scored equals 209 points or less.
A parlay is a bet where you combine multiple bets into one bet and you get increased odds because you only win your parlay wager if all of your bets win. If you do a three-team parlay, you select three different teams from three different games and if you win all three of the bets you hit your parlay for longshot odds (6-1 so $100 to win $600). Going 0/3, 1/3, or 2/3 is all the same and you lose the parlay bet. It’s all or nothing which makes them tough to hit and is more of a home run type bet than a regular straight bet since there’s a chance for a big payoff.
How to Start Betting in Arizona
It is quite simple to get started at an online sportsbook.
- First you want to create an account and complete the signup process. The registration process will need to verify your identity, age, and location for you to get started. Different sportsbooks will have different registration processes, but all of them will require similar information.There will often be rewards for being a first time user.
- Log into the sportsbook of your choice using your brand new account. You can do this through website access or through the sportsbook apps depending on your preference.
- Make a deposit. There are often a wide variety of ways you can deposit money at an online sportsbook, and you’re going to need to in order to start placing bets.
Banking (Deposit/Withdrawal) Methods at Arizona Sportsbooks
Although not all sportsbooks will have all of these options, here are some of the most common ways to utilize banking at a sportsbook.
- Credit and debit cards
- Online Banking
- ACH Transfer
- Prepaid cards
- Cash at the casino cage
Promotions and Bonuses at Arizona Sportsbooks
- Deposit bonus or match: Some sportsbooks will offer you more money just for depositing money in the form of their currency.
- Free bets: simply put, some sportsbooks will offer you free currency just for signing up and being a first time user. Use them to try out different bets and functions on the respective website or app.
- Odds boosts: An odds boost essentially offers the opportunity of making more money on certain wagers.
- Risk-free bet: Some sportsbooks will offer you a free bet up to a certain amount of money after you make your first initial deposit.
Arizona Sports Betting FAQs
- Is Sports Betting Legal in State?
- How Can I bet in state?
- Will Arizona have Online Sports Betting or Sports Betting Apps?
- How Do I Open an Account?
- How Do I Deposit and Withdraw?
- Do I have to be in state to place a bet?
- What Games Can I bet on?
- What Companies Will be Offering Sports Betting?
- What Kind of Taxes Do I have to Pay?
- How Old Do I have to Be to Bet in State?
- What are the Betting Limits?
- Where Do I go if I have a problem?
Need more sports betting information? Check out the Awesemo betting home page.
The Finish Line: NASCAR Best Bets for the Bass Pro Shops Night Race at Bristol Motor Speedway on BetMGM
Bet Penn State (-5) to Cover Against Auburn this week? Best Week 3 College Football Bets, Picks & Predictions | Saturday, 9/18/2021
📽️ Awesemo’s Betting Show: NFL Week 2 Odds, Picks and Predictions | 9/17 at 1 p.m. ET
NFL Player Props Tool
Best NFL Betting Picks for Thursday Night Football on FanDuel Sportsbook | Giants vs. Washington
Best NFL Betting Picks for Thursday Night Football on BetMGM | Giants vs. Washington
NFL Betting Picks & Odds for Week 2 Thursday Night Football Giants vs. Washington
📽️ Week 2 NFL Thursday Night Football Betting Show: Giants vs. Washington Betting Picks | 9/16 at 1 p.m. ET