Awesemo Daily Fantasy Sports
Awesemo Fantasy Football
Odds Shopper by Awesemo
Connect with us

nba betting

Hornets vs. Hawks Best Bets Wednesday 4/13/22

Avatar

Published

on

It may not be called the Playoffs but do not tell that to the Hawks and Hornets. The 8th seed and a chance to play the top-seeded Heat is on the line tonight in Atlanta, but it is just the first step. The two teams finished with identical records and split the season series, but Atlanta has the edge on the tiebreaker. Trae Young will be expected to carry a heavy workload tonight as the Hawks have a long hill to climb in getting back to the Eastern Conference Finals. They will take a win tonight. John Collins is out with a finger injury, but other than that the Hawks are healthy. Kevin Huerter and Bogdan Bogdanovic will try to keep up with the Hornets’ 3-point heavy offense.

Get 2 Risk-Free Bets Up To $2,000!

LaMelo Ball leads a trio of Hornets players hovering at 20 points per game. The former Rookie of the Year shines in leading the Hornets attack, helped by Miles Bridges leading the team in scoring and Terry Rozier as the third main scorer. Charlotte will be without Gordon Hayward as he still deals with a foot injury, but there are no other key injuries for Charlotte. The loser of tonight’s game plays golf while the winner will take on the Cavaliers for the right to be the 8th seed.

Make sure to keep checking OddsShopper, as the status of players can change by the minute. It has everything necessary for NBA betting today. Let’s get into some of the best NBA bets today and NBA player prop bets for the Hornets vs. Hawks

NBA Player Props & Picks | Hornets vs. Hawks

Charlotte Hornets vs. Atlanta Hawks

Date: Wednesday, April 13, 2022
Time: 7 p.m. ET
Venue:
State Farm Arena, Atlanta, GA
Coverage: ESPN

Best Hornets vs. Hawks NBA Bets Today & Odds Shopping

The easiest place to find the best bets in the NBA is on the one-stop-shop for value and where to place a wager. Simply filter, sort the page and find the best return available across all books. Check out more of our free NBA picks today from all of our betting experts.

Hawks -5: -115 (FanDuel)

Atlanta was fairly dominant at home despite finishing at the bottom of the play-in games. At 27-14, Atlanta had a better record at home than most teams above them in the standings, including Philadelphia and Toronto. The Hawks can downplay that all they want ahead of tonight, but it is the key factor in betting a side. The Hawks have enough star power in Young and shooters with Huerter, Bogdanovic and Danilo Gallinari. The Hornets can shoot the lights out or shoot themselves out of a game and will not be able to rely on Ball for the same level of production that Young will provide. Do not expect a blowout, as the Hornets earned the right to be here, but the home floor advantage for Atlanta will ultimately prove to be too much.

Tail Awesemo's Sports Betting Picks Today!

Make sure to check OddsShopper throughout the day for the best value and return on any NBA betting pick today. It is also important to check as Awesemo’s projections update and shift any initial data earlier in the day.

P.J. Washington Under 5.5 Rebounds: -143 (BetMGM)

The Hornets have switched up some late-game rotations towards the end of the regular season that might negatively impact P.J. Washington‘s stat line. Awesemo has a low projection for Washington on the glass, giving him just four boards tonight against the Hawks. OddsShopper has this down as a 78% xWin chance of hitting the play, combined with a 33% xROI. The juice is not terrible at -143, since the data would support playing this at an even higher number. Washington failed to hit six boards in two straight games and has only done so twice in his last five.

Danilo Gallinari Over 4.5 Rebounds: -135 (PointsBet)

The Hawks look to be in good shape on the boards tonight, according to both OddsShopper and Awesemo. Be it fading forwards like Washington on Charlotte or playing overs like here for Gallinari, it looks like Atlanta has the advantage. Awesemo projects 6.1 rebounds for Gallinari, who should see plenty of minutes and long rebounds from missed 3-pointers. OddsShopper loves this play at a 73% xWin chance of hitting, along with a 27% xROI on the prop.


The Latest Sports Betting Content from Awesemo Odds


Trae Young Over 31.5 Points: -104 (FanDuel)

This just makes the most sense when figuring out most game flows for tonight. Young is a monster on the court and can easily take over any basketball game, despite the result. That makes it harder to fade such a gifted scorer in the playoffs or play-in game. Awesemo projects 33.4 points for Young, which may even be a little light depending on how much early damage Young inflicts on the Hornets’ backcourt. OddsShopper has a 58% xWin chance of hitting, along with a 13% xROI on the play.

Check out today's FREE DFS tool of the day

Thanks for reading to the end of this article! If you appreciate this free content and want to see more of it every day, you can help us out by sharing this article on social media!


Check out the AwesemoOdds home page for more sports betting content, including more picks and predictions.

Sign up to Receive Expert DFS Advice & Exclusive Offers From Awesemo

Subscriber Counter

We respect your email privacy

More Betting