This article’s focus is combining course history and recent form articles to showcase two of the most essential elements when building out PGA DFS lineups each week. Let’s get into the Fit & Form guide to make your PGA DFS picks for your daily fantasy golf lineups on DraftKings and FanDuel for the Bermuda Championship.
HALLOWEEN DAILY FANTASY PROMOTIONUse promo code PUMPKIN when you sign up for an Awesemo+ pass to get an All Access Awesemo+ Platinum Weekly package for just $10.31 (offer valid until 10/31). That includes access to ALL of our premium data, projections, articles, rankings, ownership, premium slack chat and MORE. Just click HERE to sign up!
Fantasy Golf: PGA DFS Picks | Form From Past 11 Weeks
One hundred thirty-two players are scheduled to tee it up this week with a cut after 36 holes. Of the 132 players, plenty will be in search of their first top 10 in the last 11 weeks, which will ultimately contribute to the variability I’ve mentioned in the First Cut article. The first thing to note is we only have one year of course history, so for that section I’ll give you that plus some of the stats from the top 10. Also, Will Zalatoris will make the positive section sound like it’s all about him since he’s the only golfer in the field with more than three top 10s and more than three top 25s. I’ll omit him from the section for the most part and focus on the other golfers there.
Justin Suh will look to continue his impressive run of golf and work his way towards more status as the year progresses. He still has plenty of sponsor invites to use, not having to use one here this week due to the top 10 at the Shriners. Another good start here gets him into Houston next week, but with that field likely similar to this in terms of strength, he might be a good candidate for a sponsor’s invite. Suh is the only one with more than two top 10s other than Zalatoris. Doc Redman, Kristoffer Ventura, Peter Malnati, Denny McCarthy, Tyler McCumber and Ollie Schniederjans are the only other golfers in the field with multiple top 10s in the last 11 weeks. Obviously, Schniederjans has done it on the Korn Ferry Tour, but it is still good to see him playing well again.
Schniederjans adds another top 25 in addition to those top 10s. He actually has a 12th-place finish, making him, Ventura, Malnati and defending champion Brendon Todd as the only golfers other than Suh and Zalatoris that have three or more top 25s in the last 11 weeks. Another 14 golfers in the field have two top 25s, including Charley Hoffman, Harold Varner, Stewart Cink, Cameron Percy and Kramer Hickock.
Just eight golfers in the field have earned a paycheck in each of their starts over the last 11 weeks, and seven if you take out Paul Stankowski. The others are Suh, Percy, Vincent Whaley, Ben Martin, Emiliano Grillo, Adam Schenk and Ricky Barnes, who has only competed twice in the last 11 weeks. The others have all competed at least four times.
- After missing the cut at the Northern Trust, Varner has bounced back, coming in 29th and then 13th three weeks ago at the Shriners. A top 10 should be the next step here this week.
- Wyndham Clark had gone through a bit of a rough patch after missing the cut seven weeks ago at the Safeway. He bounced back with a mediocre performance at the Sanderson Farms before finding his putter at the Shriners, coming in 13th.
- Cameron Triangle has had a weird couple of months after getting disqualified from the PGA Championship for a wrong scorecard and missed cut at the Safeway. However, since then he has done much better, coming in 37th four weeks ago and 19th three weeks ago at the Shriners.
Of the 132 players in the field, 108 of them will be searching for their first top 10 in the last 11 weeks. A few of the more notable names that can be found here include Schenk, Grillo, Wesley Bryan, Scott Piercy, Aaron Wise and Maverick McNealy.
Each of those golfers mentioned before has a top 25, so at least there’s some positive. However, the same isn’t true for 68 other golfers in the field that have earned no top 25s in the past 11 weeks. Some of those names include Schenk, Andrew Putnam, Bill Haas, Tom Lewis, Troy Merritt, Kyle Stanley and Kevin Tway.
Fifteen golfers will be traveling to the beautiful Island of Bermuda looking for their first paycheck in the last 11 weeks. Some of those names are Vaughn Taylor, Michael Kim, Brian Gay, Aaron Baddeley and John Oda.
- After reeling off two good starts in a row with a 14th and a sixth, Hoffman struggled out in Vegas, missing the cut. He heads to Bermuda looking for a bounce back.
- The same goes for Ventura, who had two strong finishes in three weeks through the beginning of the fall swing but missed the cut in Vegas a few weeks ago.
- Rasmus Hojgaard came out of the COVID-19 break as one of the world’s hottest players, but since his win at the UK Championship, he’s missed two cuts, including his last one at the BMW Championship.
- Pat Perez had a good start to the year, finishing ninth and 21st in his first two events. He has since missed back-to-back cuts.
Course History at Port Royal Golf Club
There’s only one year of data here, but be sure to check out the sheet as I included some of the recorded statistics for the field.
Fit & Form for PGA DFS + Fantasy Golf
With so little course history to go off of and only 18-man fields to look at, there isn’t much to try and match up in terms of actual results, but here are the golfers that meet the eye in terms of expected fit and good recent form.
- Hickock has a couple of top 15s in the past 11 weeks and came in 15th here last year. That must mean he’s in line for another 15th-place finish this year.
- Wise has been on a rollercoaster the last 11 weeks, but he does have two good finishes and came in third here last year.
- Russell Knox had a top 10 three starts ago but has since missed two cuts and came in 11th here last year.
The Recent Form Guide (Last 11 weeks)
Course History at Sherwood Country Club
Looking for more fantasy golf and PGA DFS picks content? We’ve got loads of fantasy golf articles, data, pga dfs picks cheatsheets, and more on the Awesemo PGA home page. Just click HERE.
DraftKings4 weeks ago
MLB DFS Projections for DraftKings, FanDuel, SuperDraft, Yahoo, and FantasyDraft
DraftKings1 month ago
MLB DFS Main Slate Ownership Projections
DraftKings4 weeks ago
Awesemo’s MLB DFS Rankings
DraftKings1 day ago
NFL DFS Projections: Projected Fantasy Points for DraftKings, FanDuel and Other Daily Fantasy Football Sites