You only have one shot or opportunity to get your draft right – don’t let it slip. Draft Wingman is designed to help you maximize your picks to have a team that excels in every position. While drafting, you have Awesemo’s fantasy football rankings for every player to give you feedback on players you are interested in choosing. New in 2021, we offer 5 recommendations for your team based on who you’ve already drafted and who’s left in the player pool.
Before you draft we recommend you practice using our Mock Wingman tool. Our AI is programmed to simulate the picks of real players to create a realistic draft experience, so you can practice from your draft position.
Check out this draft with Josh Engleman!
- Choose your scoring settings – Different sites have different scoring systems and roster positions, so make sure to find the correct site you’re drafting on. We currently support ESPN, Yahoo!, CBS, Underdog, FFPC, DraftKings, and FanDuel. Draft Wingman supports league import for Yahoo and ESPN to automatically choose the settings for your league. If your league on another site has different settings, you can create a custom scoring system. Now you’re ready to draft.
- Drafting Players – To keep up with the draft, click draft for players you’ve added to your roster, and taken for players that have been drafted by other players. These choices will help recommend players to help maximize your team.
- Choosing Picks – The main criteria we recommend drafting on is Team Fit, which combines the projection points you get from starting the player plus the potential upside they offer. Our recommended players section lists the players with the top 5 Team Fit scores. The secondary criteria should be RDP – this takes into consideration the current ADP of a player to help you figure out where to draft them.
Awesemo Draft Wingman: Column Definitions
- Ranking – A pre-draft ranking of each player based on their likelihood to win a championship for you. Includes factors such as projected points, position scarcity, upside and much more!
- RDP – (Recommended Draft Position) – A combination of Average Draft Position (ADP) and our pre-draft ranking. This is where you should consider drafting each player before any players are drafted and represents a good pre-draft strategy. In general, you want to wait on players until it is likely they may be drafted by someone else. Example, if we have a player ranked 10th and ADP had them 30th there is no need to draft them 10th, even if that is their value, because no one else is likely to take them. So we calculate a recommended draft spot for them of 20th.
- Name – Player name
- Team – Player team
- Pos – Eligible position(s) for the player in most fantasy leagues.
- Team Fit – This is a dynamic, in-draft value that you should use to make your final draft decisions and is the basis for our recommended players. Team fit uses our secret formula to properly balance things like Value to Team, Playoff SOS, upside, and much more to help you properly weight the value of the player to your specific team.
- Value to Team – A dynamic, in-draft value that takes into consideration the player’s projection, players currently on your team, players likely to be free agents and required starters/Flex for that player’s position.
- Playoff SOS – The percentage of points a player is expected to perform better/worse than their season average in the playoffs. This is based on several things such as strength of opponent’s defense, weather, where the game is taking place, etc.
- Upside – An adjustment based on the uncertainty of a player’s role. Player’s that have roles with a larger range of outcomes are more likely to win you a title all else equal. However, they are likely to bust more often as well.
- Total Fpts – Total projected fantasy points for the season
- Bye Week – The week the player’s team is not playing during the current season
Want more Fantasy Football picks, strategy, and draft advice? Check out our Fantasy Football Printable Cheatsheets, our best fantasy sleeper picks and our Fantasy Football Player Profiles
More Fantasy Football
Week 14 Start ‘Em Sit ‘Em Quarterbacks: Taysom Hill & Derek Carr
📽️ Week 14 NFL DFS Strategy Show: Expert Lineup Picks & Ownership Projections | 12/8 at 11 a.m. ET
The Best Week 14 NFL Survivor Pool Picks & Strategy | Chargers and Packers
Top 3 Week 14 Defense Rankings & D/ST Streaming Options | Fantasy Football 2021
Week 14 Fantasy Football Waiver Wire Pickups: D’Onta Foreman & Rashaad Penny
📽️ Week 14 NFL DFS First Look Strategy Show: Expert Lineup Picks & Advice
NFL Season Long Fantasy Football Streaming Helper
Awesemo’s Best Ball Rankings/Projections for Underdog, DraftKings, FFPC and Yahoo