The legend of Percy Harvin continues to grow.
On Monday, a video of Cam Newton talking about Harvin hit the web, and people are losing their minds. Cam revealed a crazy story about his days as Urban Meyer’s backup quarterback with the Florida Gators. Newton talked about a game when the Gators were playing LSU in 2008, and everyone knew Harvin needed to make a big play.
Cam told the story on the “I am Athlete” podcast.
This story about Percy Harvin only adds to his legendary status pic.twitter.com/HrEV8GGEWA
— Billy M (@BillyM_91) February 22, 2021
- Gronk Goes to Disney World is the Most Clickable Headline of the Year
- Tom Brady is a Fanatic About Winning; Leonard Fournette Has Proof
- Mariota Reclamation Project in New England? Patriots Reportedly Eyeballing Quarterback
- Super Bowl Streaker Bet on Super Bowl Streaking
- Two Teams Reportedly Interested in Carson Wentz Trade
- Bronny James Reveals Torn Meniscus Diagnosis
- Courtside Karen in LeBron James Incident Apologizes via Instagram
- What Was Actually Said in LeBron James vs Courtside Karen Incident
Cam Newton said that Urban Meyer and (then offensive coordinator) Dan Mullen drew up a play on the fly for the speedster Harvin. He then took the ball all the way down to the end zone without skipping a beat.
Harvin’s Florida Gators ended up winning that game 51-21, during a Harvin and Tim Tebow-led route.
While things didn’t go according to plan for Cam Newton at Florida, it appears that there is no hard feelings. Cam transferred to Auburn where he won a Heisman Trophy and a National Championship.
Percy Harvin and the Florida Gators would go on to win two titles under Urban Meyer. So, all is well that ends well. Harvin remains one of the most electric college football players of all-time.