It seems like everyone has an opinion on Deshaun Watson these days.
The disgruntled Houston Texans quarterback has asked to be traded from the team, and is reportedly prepared to sit out the entire 2021 season if he’s not granted his wish.
While most around the league are sympathetic to Watson’s situation, the old-school contingent has come out in full force to condemn Deshaun for how he’s handled his situation.
James Dodds, known as “Uncle Jimmy” on FS1’s “Speak For Yourself” and had the audacity to talk about Deshaun Watson’s ‘upbringing’ as the reason for how he has gone about demanding a trade.
“They want to be treated like a man,” Dodds said. “Now you do realize most of these athletes ain’t been raised by no man. So how the hell are they going to know how to act like a man?”
- Gronk Goes to Disney World is the Most Clickable Headline of the Year
- Tom Brady is a Fanatic About Winning; Leonard Fournette Has Proof
- Mariota Reclamation Project in New England? Patriots Reportedly Eyeballing Quarterback
- Super Bowl Streaker Bet on Super Bowl Streaking
- Two Teams Reportedly Interested in Carson Wentz Trade
- Bronny James Reveals Torn Meniscus Diagnosis
- Courtside Karen in LeBron James Incident Apologizes via Instagram
- What Was Actually Said in LeBron James vs Courtside Karen Incident
This remark bothered Deshaun Watson’s agent, David Mulugheta.He took to social media to lash out at FS1 for allowing this type of comment into their programming.
“FS1 and Speak For Yourself, the fact that you allowed this type of racist propaganda to be spewed on your show and then had the nerve to post it on social media is mind blowing,” Mulugheta tweeted. “You’re complicit in furthering the negative stereotypes not only black athletes face but African Americans as a whole.”
. @FS1 & @SFY the fact that you allowed this type of racist propaganda to be spewed on your show & had the nerve to post it on social media is mind blowing. You’re complicit in furthering the negative stereo-types not only black athletes face but African Americans as a whole. pic.twitter.com/Jl8u3jA3qT
— David Mulugheta (@DavidMulugheta) February 27, 2021
I think it’s safe to say that most would agree that this stupid comment has no place in sports. Deshaun Watson doesn’t deserve that BS.