Jadon Sancho and Borussia Dortmund were left crying foul on Tuesday evening when they faced Manchester City.
You just have to feel for Die Borussen after they were denied the chance to score what would have been a very legitimate goal at the Etihad on the night.
One FREE Week Awesemo+ Soccer WeeklyGet one week of Awesemo+ Soccer Weekly for FREE when using promo code FREESOCCER. This week-long membership includes access to our Expert Slack Chat and industry-leading fantasy point projections.
As the German club trailed early to a Kevin De Bruyne’s strike, Jude Bellingham got a chance to close down a hesitant Ederson Moraes who juggled the ball before attempting to clear it, just about managing to it off him just before the City goalkeeper completed his swing.
Well, replays showed Ederson connected with the under of Bellingham’s boot seconds after the ball was nabbed of him and referee Hategan Ovidiu had to call back for a foul and thus, stop the midfielder from rolling into the now empty net.
Win a FREE Awesemo+ Platinum Monthly PassEnter our Awesemo Giveaway for your chance to get a FREE month Awesemo Platinum Monthly — a $90 value. Your Awesemo Platinum Monthly will get you access to EVERY SPORT we offer and includes projections, rankings, ownership projections and Lineup Builder.
Not only Jude and his teammates were left dismayed, former City starlet Sancho who missed out here through injury couldn’t believe the decision.
This Ref needs checking! 🤦🏽♂️
— Jadon Sancho (@Sanchooo10) April 6, 2021
Check again, and you see Bellingham neatly won the ball there. Had he scored, chances are that VAR could take a look.
- Gronk Goes to Disney World is the Most Clickable Headline of the Year
- Tom Brady is a Fanatic About Winning; Leonard Fournette Has Proof
- Mariota Reclamation Project in New England? Patriots Reportedly Eyeballing Quarterback
- Super Bowl Streaker Bet on Super Bowl Streaking
- Two Teams Reportedly Interested in Carson Wentz Trade
- Bronny James Reveals Torn Meniscus Diagnosis
- Courtside Karen in LeBron James Incident Apologizes via Instagram
- What Was Actually Said in LeBron James vs Courtside Karen Incident
But now, City are in the driving seat ahead of next Wednesday. Taking a 2-1 lead of the tie courtesy of goals from De Bruyne and Phil Foden, perhaps Marco Reus crucial away goal will come in handy in the next tie.
Either way, Sancho and his mates will feel robbed in Manchester by that particular officiating decision.