Justin Thomas and Tiger Woods have developed a close relationship on the PGA Tour in recent years.
When Tiger Woods was first coming through the ranks in golf, he didn’t have many friends on tour. Now, Tiger has taken multiple golfers under his wing. His transformation from edgy ‘rip your throat out’ type of athlete to family man and mentor has added to his popularity after his infamous cheating scandal.
Justin Thomas is probably Tiger’s closest friend on tour, and he had a press conference just ten minutes after he heard Tiger was hospitalized following a single-car accident in L.A.
Here’s what Thomas had to say about his mentor, Tiger Woods.
“I’m sick to my stomach. It hurts to see one of your closest friends get in an accident,” Thomas told reporters. “I just hope he’s all right. I’m just worried for his kids. I’m sure they’re struggling.”
"I just hope he’s alright. Just worried for his kids. I’m sure they’re struggling"
Justin Thomas holds back tears talking about Tiger's car crash 🙏
— Bleacher Report (@BleacherReport) February 23, 2021
Thomas was also asked if he plans on withdrawing from this weekend’s tournament.
— SideAction (@SideActionHQ) February 23, 2021
- Gronk Goes to Disney World is the Most Clickable Headline of the Year
- Tom Brady is a Fanatic About Winning; Leonard Fournette Has Proof
- Mariota Reclamation Project in New England? Patriots Reportedly Eyeballing Quarterback
- Super Bowl Streaker Bet on Super Bowl Streaking
- Two Teams Reportedly Interested in Carson Wentz Trade
- Bronny James Reveals Torn Meniscus Diagnosis
- Courtside Karen in LeBron James Incident Apologizes via Instagram
- What Was Actually Said in LeBron James vs Courtside Karen Incident
Justin Thomas will likely be in contact with Tiger Woods’s family, as we all hope to receive some good news about the legendary golfer.
Luckily, Tiger’s agent Mark Steinberg said that his client is in stable condition. But he is receiving surgery on his leg.
“Tiger Woods was in a single-car accident this morning in California where he suffered multiple leg injuries. He is currently in surgery and we thank you for your privacy and support,” Steinberg said via Golf Digest.
We’ll continue to update the developing story with Tiger Woods. Prayers up.