Oklahoma wide receiver Spencer Jones took a beating last weekend, and it had nothing to do with football. Jones was involved in a dust up in the bathroom of an Oklahoma bar. The fight turned real ugly, and Jones took some brutal shots to the face. Check it out.
Was it really power hour if you didn’t get in a fight on the piss-soaked bathroom floor? pic.twitter.com/lWombEtc3g
— Old Row Oklahoma (@OldRowSooners) February 20, 2021
- Gronk Goes to Disney World is the Most Clickable Headline of the Year
- Tom Brady is a Fanatic About Winning; Leonard Fournette Has Proof
- Mariota Reclamation Project in New England? Patriots Reportedly Eyeballing Quarterback
- Super Bowl Streaker Bet on Super Bowl Streaking
- Two Teams Reportedly Interested in Carson Wentz Trade
- Bronny James Reveals Torn Meniscus Diagnosis
- Courtside Karen in LeBron James Incident Apologizes via Instagram
- What Was Actually Said in LeBron James vs Courtside Karen Incident
After the fight, it was revealed that Spencer Jones almost lost his eye. According to OuDaily, Jones sought out help from Sooners team doctors after the night and had to undergo surgery on his eye.
“Dr. Brooks came out of that surgery saying he’s extraordinarily lucky at this point, that he’s lucky he didn’t lose the eye altogether,” Spencer Jones’s lawyer Woody Glass said. “And so he was able to do some things surgically to rebuild that orbital socket and thinks everything is eventually going to come back to normal, but it’s going to take a while for him to fully recover.”
Glass would go on to say that Spencer Jones has received support from the Oklahoma football program.
“He’s had great support from his coaches through all of this,” Glass said. “He’s had great support from his teammates. They kind of all banded together around him and are really supportive. … Spencer’s just a superb kid, too. … He didn’t deserve this, ever.”