Phil Mickelson and Tiger Woods have been tied together for many years. While the two have been battling it out atop the PGA Tour, there is a mutual respect between the two rivals.
After it was revealed that Tiger Woods was in need of surgery following a scary single-car crash, Phil Mickelson took to social media to send his thoughts.
“We are all pulling for you, Tiger. We are so sorry that you and your family are going through this tough time. Everyone hopes and prays for your full and speedy recovery,” Mickelson wrote.
We are all pulling for you, Tiger. We are so sorry that you and your family are going through this tough time. Everyone hopes and prays for your full and speedy recovery.
— Phil Mickelson (@PhilMickelson) February 23, 2021
- Gronk Goes to Disney World is the Most Clickable Headline of the Year
- Tom Brady is a Fanatic About Winning; Leonard Fournette Has Proof
- Mariota Reclamation Project in New England? Patriots Reportedly Eyeballing Quarterback
- Super Bowl Streaker Bet on Super Bowl Streaking
- Two Teams Reportedly Interested in Carson Wentz Trade
- Bronny James Reveals Torn Meniscus Diagnosis
- Courtside Karen in LeBron James Incident Apologizes via Instagram
- What Was Actually Said in LeBron James vs Courtside Karen Incident
While Mickelson has often played second fiddle to Tiger Woods on the course over the past two decades, his career has been nothing to scoff at. Both Mickelson and Woods played a huge role in the uptick in popularity for the game of golf.
Mickelson was the smiley guy who wore his emotions on his sleeve, while Woods was often quite the opposite. It made for quality competition, and quality TV. It seems like Tiger Woods has grown closer to Phil Mickelson now that both of their careers are winding down.
I think we can all join Phil in wishing for a speedy recovery from Tiger Woods.