Vanessa Bryant is on the same page with Kyrie Irving after his latest Kobe take.
The Brooklyn Nets point guard took to Instagram to demand that Kobe Bryant replaces Jerry West as the NBA logo.
“To: All the people who say it is not about color… “BLACK” or “BLACK KINGS” that’s what we call ourselves,” Irving wrote. “And that’s what oppressors refused to call MY ancestors. BLACK KINGS. Deal with it!”
Kyrie Irving Wants To See Kobe Bryant As The New NBA Logohttps://t.co/9UJr3cZpZS
— SideAction (@SideActionHQ) February 24, 2021
Kobe’s widow, Vanessa Bryant, agrees with Kyrie.
Vanessa Bryant shows Kyrie Irving love after he said Kobe should be the new NBA logo 🙏🏽 pic.twitter.com/p5b8rj7XTL
— ClutchPoints (@ClutchPointsApp) February 24, 2021
“Love this @KyrieIrving,” Vanessa Bryant responded.
- Gronk Goes to Disney World is the Most Clickable Headline of the Year
- Tom Brady is a Fanatic About Winning; Leonard Fournette Has Proof
- Mariota Reclamation Project in New England? Patriots Reportedly Eyeballing Quarterback
- Super Bowl Streaker Bet on Super Bowl Streaking
- Two Teams Reportedly Interested in Carson Wentz Trade
- Bronny James Reveals Torn Meniscus Diagnosis
- Courtside Karen in LeBron James Incident Apologizes via Instagram
- What Was Actually Said in LeBron James vs Courtside Karen Incident
Jerry West would likely not push back if the NBA decided to move on from him as the logo.
“If they would want to change it, I wish they would,” West said back in 2017 via The Spun.
Personally, I think it’s time for a change from the outdated Jerry West logo. And who better than the late Kobe Bryant to be the next guy? I’m with Vanessa Bryant and Kyrie Irving here.
Your move, Adam Silver.